Working as an artist and creator means we are masters of multitasking: sales, marketing, accounting, product development -we do it all. Being part of a community is what makes a difference: we can support each other, we can share our skills and experience. For all that we need a community space -we found it on ELEMENT, a secure collaboration and messaging app
Why did we choose ELEMENT?
We chose it because of what it can help us do as a community, but also because of who builds it and how it is built. It is an open source, decentralised and non commercial network.
Element is built and hosted by the Matrix Foundation, a non profit organisation with a commitment to protecting privacy. This means that, since the purpose of the Matrix Foundation is non commercial, they don’t need to sell your data is not sold to third parties as part of the company’s business model.
- it is free and unlimited to use, forever. Which is important as the BKK charges no fees to its members.
- it works as an APP, on iPhone or Android
- it works from your laptop (Mac, Windows or Linux)
- it works from your web browser
- it allows an unlimited number of members
- it allows an unlimited number of messages in the archive
- it offers unlimited 1:1 and group voice and video calls, to hold online meetings
- it offers dedicated rooms within the community space (similar to channels if you used Slack) to have chats focused on specific topics
- it is a non profit operation with high focus on privacy, so our data is not shared, sold or used to train AI.
FIRST STEPS TOWARDS ELEMENT
1. You will need to get a user account to access Element. You can get it via the Matrix foundation (your name will be “yourname:matrix.org”) or you can sign up with Google or Facebook.
2. Once you get your username, you can join ELEMENT.
3. Download the app from https://element.io/download or clicking the image below. You can also use your web browser
3. You will be shown the link to the BKK Space within Element, from where you will see the different rooms you can enter and chat with other members.
You can get started by clicking on this link https://app.element.io/#/welcome or the image below.
There is a good help guide waiting for you if you have any questions: https://element.io/user-guide or click the image below.
screenshots of the rooms
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.